The training programme is designed for senior leaders and managers who would like to stretch their ability to think strategically, in other words to see and react to the “bigger picture”. The participants engage actively with key strategic models and consider each model as a new and interesting “lens”, through which they can look at their company, department or function. The course is highly participative and will provide the opportunity for real strategic reflection.
“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”
Martin Luther King Jr
This programme covers the following key topics:
- What is strategy? M-O-S-T/the 5 Ps for Strategy/Generic Strategies/Nine Specimen Standardised Strategies.
- What is strategic thinking? The 4 routes to strategic advantage.
- Assessing the internal and external environment – SWOT analysis, Porters 5 Forces, PESTLIED factors.
- Business Behaviour and Patterns – Geobusiness Model, predicting business behaviour in an international environment.
- Other noteworthy models e.g. Balanced Scorecard.
- Strategy and Change: Patterns of Strategic Change/The 7S Framework.
- The interplay between corporate culture and strategy.
- Leading and managing a strategic change.
This programme is normally delivered as a two-day workshop.
Who should attend
Senior leaders and managers, who would like to understand the elements that affect strategy formulation and strategic decisions, as well as individuals who believe that developing their strategic thinking would be a useful personal development.
On completing this programme, delegates will:
- Have a renewed appreciation of the wider environment and context of the business.
- Have considered their own function and department’s contribution to the strategic imperatives of the business.
- Have created a portfolio of information to take back to their teams to cascade strategic thinking further into the organisation.