Companies don’t just need people who can have great ideas – they also need people who can present them with energy and conviction, people who can grab people’s attention and hold it. Being able to present, communicate, persuade and sell is a skill vital to many organisations today.
“The ability to express an idea is well nigh as important as the idea itself.”
Presenting and communicating is aimed at anyone for whom presenting or communicating is an important, or recently increased, part of their role.
It is designed to help you:
- Gain clarity on how to gain the most from the programme.
- Understand why we develop the views and attitudes we do, and how this influences our behaviour.
- Connect with what your audience where they are at, not where you think they are at.
- Make clear, focused and purposeful presentations.
- Make the point you want to make.
- Ensure you help your audience connect with what you are saying.
- Channel your energy effectively when communicating.
- Understand the power of non-verbal communication.
- Command attention.
- Use your breathing to improve communication.
- Develop a greater range of tone.
- Understand what people hear when you speak.
- Be more confident in preparing visuals.
- Handle visual aids for greater impact.
Presenting and communicating is structured into two nonconsecutive full-day sessions.
- A framework for effective interaction.
- Layers of inference.
- Paradigms and the audience.
- Structure and purpose.
- Getting the point across.
- Making people want to listen.
- Space and movement in communication.