This is a one day programme designed for experienced managers, who now need to put their management skills into the context of working within a matrix structure.
“Instead of setting numerical quotas, management should work on improving the process.”
W. Edwards Deming
- Understanding matrix structures – accessibility of speciality, flexibility of resources and intra-team communication.
- Types of matrix – balanced, functional, project.
- Challenges in matrix structures – role and authority ambiguity, performance management challenges.
- Key skills required for matrix management – performance management, coaching, influencing, planning and resource management.
- Conditions for success – sharing resources, project management, collaboration, conflict management.
A 1-day training programme.
Who should attend
Managers new to matrix structures, or those who have been working in a matrix for some time and require help with the challenges.
On completing this 1 day training programme you will:
- Know what is expected in a matrix structure and how to work within one to maximum effect.
- Understand your own skill set in this new context and identify development areas.
- Be more equipped to influence resource allocation and decision making.
- Be clear on how to plan and prioritise projects and resources.