Transformational leaders are able to inspire change by articulating a motivational vision and fostering trust and respect from their teams. They are able to create the conditions for successful change, and are able to change perceptions and performance. Others see transformational leaders as continuously working towards common goals for the benefit of the team. It is not the traditional “give and take” relationship of transactional leadership, it focuses on being a moral exemplar for the team, creating a strong sense of identity and team cohesiveness.
“People judge you by your actions, not your intentions. You may have a heart of gold – but so does a hard-boiled egg.”
This 2-day workshop gets to the heart of what it means to be a transformational leader.
Key topics include:
- The Bass Model of Transformational Change (Individualised Consideration, Intellectual Stimulation, Inspirational Motivation, Idealised Influence).
- The Kouzes and Posner Five Practices of Exemplary Leadership Model (Model the Way, Inspire a Shared Vision, Challenge the Process, Enable Others to Act, and Encourage the Heart).
- Complete a Five Practices Self Assessment Tool and be coached on the outcomes.
- Apply the Exemplary Leadership Model to a change project of your choice using the Leadership Challenge Workbook.
- Create powerful messages and impactful communication – create messages which “Encourage the Heart”.
- Identify blockers and derailers – ensure your environment “Enables others to Act”.
- Formulate a clear Transformational Leadership Plan.
- Experience Transformational Leadership coaching.
On completion of this programme, participants will have:
- A completed Transformational Leadership self assessment.
- Considered each aspect of 2 transformational leadership models and applied the guidelines to a specific change project.
- Formulated and practised visionary leadership messages.
- Identified key derailers and blockers and created action plans.
- Had at least 2 coaching sessions with an Executive Coach on personal targets to become a transformational leader.
2-day nonconsecutive workshop.
Who should attend
Managers and leaders responsible for leading change, and individuals with a passion and interest in helping the change projects to succeed.