Getting the most out of people – and getting them to really work together – at meetings, workshops or any collaborative event – isn’t something that’s passive. It takes a mix of skills, including listening, questioning and understanding the individuals involved – and getting them to contribute to the whole.
“In unity there is strength. Consider the fragile snowflake that flutters slowly to earth and disintegrates; however, if enough of them stick together they can paralyse an entire city.”
William Rosenberg, founder, Dunkin’ Donuts
Facilitation skills is a two-day programme, delivered on nonconsecutive days. Includes personality profile – all delegates receive an Insights® personality profile, to help them better understand themselves and how they interact with others.
Facilitation skills is aimed at:
- Anyone who is called on to facilitate meetings, whether as part of an initiative like Six Sigma, or as a project manager, part of their perceived role such as HR or training manager or simply as a senior individual.
- Anyone who needs to understand meeting process and management.
It is designed to help you:
- Be a confident, effective facilitator, able to work effectively with any group.
- Recognise the way a facilitator affects the group.
- Engage with the individuals present.
- Ask good, strong penetrating questions.
- Prompt focused thinking.
- Unearth issues.
- Allow individuals to speak openly and honestly.
- Differentiate between the meeting process and the subject matter.
- Be able to distinguish between leading the project/discussion and facilitating the outcome,
- Understand the root of other people’s behaviour.
- Understand the impact of different personality types and different behaviours on a group event.
- Identify strategies to help you facilitate most effectively.
- Understand how groups behave.
- Facilitate effectively with different groups at different stages.
- Ensure that meetings and workshops run efficiently and effectively.
- Ensure all contributions are included and valued.
Facilitation skills is a two-day programme.
- A framework for effective interaction.
- Developing buy-in.
- Preparing to succeed.
- State management.
- Core skills.
- Listening skills, attitudes and behaviours.
- What are you listening for?
- Position and content.
- Asking appropriate and effective questions.
- The role of a facilitator.
- Behavioural preferences.
- Insights® personality model.
- Introversion and extraversion.
- Thinking and feeling.
- Sensing and intuition.
- Group dynamics.
- Mechanics of group interaction.
- Managing pace.
- Picking up cues.
- This programme contains practical facilitation exercises based on real life situations (not role-play).